Sunday, October 26, 2008

Three hilarious quotes from my mother....

I had a quick convo with my mom this morning that demonstrates both the significant age gap, as well as the lifestyle gap. They are kinda hilarious, and kinda sad.

1. On the subject of my wine tasting trip with colleagues yesterday.
Mom: I don't understand--whats the point.
Me: What do you mean? It's pretty clear, you get to try different types of wine, and see which you like best.
Mom: But all of it tastes the same. It's all bad.
Me: How much and what kind of wine have you ever tried?
Mom: Well, we used to have a lot of Boone's* wine, it was popular when I was in high school.
Me: Exactly.

(*Super cheap discount brand, comparable to Carlos Rossi, Franzia in a box or like Natty Ice of beer).

2. On the subject of finding pictures from my recent trips.
Mom: I wanna see pictures from your trips.
Me: Sorry Mom, I dont take many, and the few are online on facebook.
Mom: How do I get to this facebook? Can I get to it from The Google?
Me: You are like John McCain, but a lot younger.

3. On the subject of important upcoming events.
Mom: I'm so excited, you know what's happening next week? It's really important.
Me: Oh yes, the election?
Mom: No, the release of the new Toby Keith album!
Me. Oh Lord, but Mom, aren't you going to vote?
Mom: Oh no, it's too confusing. I can't tell the difference between them--they all sound the same.

1 comment:

Lilu said...

oh my gosh, our moms sound the same, except mine would add Jesus to all of them!!