Sunday, October 26, 2008

The election is less than two weeks away, and where is my absentee ballot?!?!?!?!?!?!?

As election day comes closer, I'm scared! Really scared!

Yes, the poll numbers look great for our man Obama, the number 270 is seeming more certain than just HOPEful, but I wanna vote, too!

I wanna be in on the victory party! Yes, I have phone banked, I'll probably spend next weekend canvassing in NOVA, and I have spent an immeasureable number of hours engaging in political education and conversation, friendly office banter, defending my candidates (first and always HRC, but now Obama), watching the punditry and press (first with beloved Tim Russert every Sunday am, and now with Brokaw, and other NBC and CNN regulars), but I will feel like a hypocrite, an illegitimate and unpatriotic American if I don't physically cast my own vote in this historic election. And yet, my freakin' CA absentee ballot is still M.I.A.!

If it comes down to it, I will seriously just make my own effing ballot, and send it to the CA election commitee in Sacramento. Ok, it might not be official and it probably won't count (just like our old friends in Florida in 2000), but it will make me feel better.

Hmm, instead of just lamenting this issue, let me get off my blog, and call the 1-800 number. Gtg....

No comments: